BIA-MO Survivor and Family Regional Seminar
The Brain Injury Association of Missouri Survivor and Family Regional Seminars provide helpful information, practical suggestions and support for life with brain injury. Regional Seminars are held in Southwest and Western Missouri in the Spring each year and in Eastern Missouri during October.
October 7, 2017
Marriot St. Louis West
660 Maryville Centre Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63141
Contact Us for more information
Annual Statewide Professional Conference Overview
The Brain Injury Association of Missouri Annual Statewide Conference is the only conference in Missouri dedicated to current trends in innovative therapeutic strategies, cutting-edge and best practices treatment options, and research specifically relating to brain injury.
This Conference features national and local experts addressing issues of interest to professionals, survivors of brain injury and family members.
Sessions held Thursday and Friday focus on topics of interest to healthcare professionals, rehabilitation specialists, social workers, vocational counselors, physicians, psychologists, mental health professionals, case managers, service coordinators, and others providing care for persons with brain injury.
On Saturday, a special seminar is held for survivors of brain injury and their families.
Conference Professional Audience
- Therapists - physical, occupational, speech
- Medical Personnel - physicians, nurses, neurologists
- Mental Health Professionals - social workers, counselors, psychologists, neuropsychologists
- Rehabilitation Specialists - medical, therapy, mental health
- Care Coordinators - case managers, service coordinators, discharge planners
- Vocational Experts - vocational counselors, job developers
- Community Support Staff - independent living experts, personal care attendants, support providers
Attendance at the BIA-MO Annual Statewide Conference was higher than ever!
There were national and regional speakers who provided exceptional sessions!
Thank you to all the Attendees, Speakers and Sponsors.
Highlighted sessions featured:
- Aging with Brain Injury presented by Dr. George Grossberg
- Decreasing Burnout for Health Care Professionals presented by Dr. Stuart Slavin
- Substance Abuse and Brain Injury presented by Dr. Mervin Langley
Department of Health and Senior Services
Rehabilitation Track Sponsor
SSM Rehabilitation Network
A SSM-Select Medical Partnership
Rural Track Sponsor
Missouri AgrAbility Project
Send an email Conference@biamo.org to be added to the mailing list for the BIA-MO 13th Annual Statewide Conference, to be held in October, 2017!